Saturday, April 12, 2014

Bump Ahead


Bump Ahead

50x40 oil 2014

I'm getting the paint palette rolling again with some smaller paintings. Painting has been challenging lately after a series of abdominal operations. Not only is it a highly mental activity, it's also physical--something one is aware of when standing or even sitting up straight is compromised or painful.

Nonetheless, when you get over the bump and heal a bit, painting can be therapeutic if you don't overdue it--so I like to do these smaller format, more intimate canvases. I'm not soft-pedaling, however: I've chosen to explore some lucidly day lit scenes, full of detail and color. My crutch of the nocturne (which is concerned primarily with values at the expense of colors ) lies in the corner for the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment